Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Failures and successes

Brindy was having trouble with the number 12. She decided she would quit home school because it was too hard. So I let things simmer down that day and the next day I asked her to help me make a poster of the twelve dancing princesses and write a fancy number 12 on it. I gave her a flashcard to copy and she had a great time practicing writing 12 and drawing princesses of course! Today the kids had the sniffles so we stayed home from church and boredom set in quickly. I gave Brindy an old workbook and told her to find a coloring activity to do. She found a color by number page that used the teen numbers. She was very excited to see the number 12 and had no trouble naming it! Then at noon, I yelled to her in a very excited way to come see the clock. I asked her what time it was and she said 12:00! I think we are ready to move on now, but this is important to post about, because it reminds us that sometimes we need to just let anxiety simmer down and then come at something from a different angle. I think I will be doing some things differently in the future. The kids are leading the way!

No comments: