Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day of home school!



Wow! So much to think about. Note to myself first of all: don't wait until 9:30 the night before to start putting together a bulletin board. Today we did table work, science, and art, and had recess and two story times and a snack. We had lunch too of course. I think the kids did well. They were impressed with my calendar/ bulletin board, and they really loved painting. We used black and white and no water for dipping because we wanted to mix the colors to make different shades. For science, we discussed absorption and tried different materials to see if they would absorb water or not. School officially started at 9am with a prayer/devotional and the pledge of allegiance. School ended by 1pm with a final story time before naps. Everyone slept so I was able to get some serious house work done! That was my favorite part of the day (besides recess, 'cause I really had fun jumping rope with the kids)


No comments: